Friday, May 15, 2015

Staying Mad Forever

The imminent conclusion of the show Mad Men is carving a cavern in my heart that I have no idea how to fill!

There have been dramas I have loved, or at best, become addicted to, in my day. Breaking bad, Sons of Anarchy, Scandal (if you can call that a legit drama, more of a soap opera) but none have the magic of Mad Men. Sometimes it all becomes so dark that I am drug down into a hole with the characters. I don't feel that way with this show because even in their darkness, they are so inspiring.

From the writing, to the acting, to the art direction, to the casting, it's truly superb. The way they handle the events of the time period, the fashion, the mentality, the simplicity and the complication.

I just love it. Working in the creative industry, probably one of my very favorite quotes of all time comes from this show....

"We're going to sit at our desks and keep typing while the walls fall down around us because we're creative - the least important, most important thing there is." - Don Draper

No comments:

Post a Comment