Monday, March 9, 2015

We Can't All Be The Creators Of Broad City

It's kind of awesome when your whole job is to post fun stuff on social media about the things you like best. One would think that is ideal for a little thing like me who fancied herself a lazy bones. The thing is...I'm not a lazy bones. I'm a busy bee.

Not that anything I'm doing is all that groundbreaking as I work for a corporate chain, but can't it be? I have realized that, while using current content and sprucing it up is fun, it would be rad as balls to actually create some content. I mean, I love to stand on the shoulders of reasonably tall people as much as the next guy, but it would be nice to just, like, get a step ladder that I loudly drag across the floor myself. I'm not trying to revolutionize the place, just make its social media pages coveted by those less cool than myself.

I think my first step in content generation will be to whip up some non-offensive memes. I currently have zero in my existing meme folder. After that, drink a bunch of green tea and actually make some nice, motivational ones, but with a little flava to them. Then add in my proposed funny captions and see what kind of response I get back. So far, I'm doing so little and I'm getting CRAZY GOOD feedback and being worshipped and that feels great. Just think of the adoration after I thrust forth my jackpot of self-made shit!

Or I get a sympathetic look and a smile with a little head shake and a "that's not really on brand for US". Either way I win because I'll make an offensive meme out of whatever happens that is sure to bring enjoyment to my friends for days to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment